Faculty of Law
Study options for international students

Study options for international students

LL.M. German Law for foreign graduates

The Master's programme in German Law for foreign graduates takes two semesters to complete and carries a workload of 60 ECTS credits. One feature of this programme is that students can study special legal German language courses before setting out on their degree studies. Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates are awarded the degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.).

Certificate of Studies in European, Comparative and International Law (CECIL)

This certificate programme, which is open to all students enrolled in the Faculty of Law, consists of English-taught courses with an international focus. CECIL can be studied by regular and international exchange students alike.

More about CECIL

Certificate in Principles of German Law

International students who complete the certificate programme Certificate in Principles of German Law prove their ability to deal with essential legal issues under German law and to acquaint themselves further with the subject matter where necessary.

Double degree programme in German and Russian Law/Немецкое и российское право

Double degree with Université Toulouse 1 Capitole, France

University of Passau students and those from Université Toulouse 1 Capitole can now study a double degree offered by both universities. Under this arrangement, students from Passau study at Université Toulouse 1 Capitole for one year, earning the degree of 'Licence en droit' and simultaneously completing the foreign law specialisation in Passau.

More about the double degree with Université Toulouse 1 Capitole

Double degree with Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Toledo, Spain

Students with good Spanish language skills may be interested in studying our double degree programme with Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, which includes the Campus de Toledo. Students from Passau who complete their foreign law specialisation at Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha can, at the same time, earn a certificate of the principles of Spanish law ('Introducción al Derecho Español').

More about the double degree with Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha

Frequently asked questions

What is a weekly contact hour ('Semesterwochenstunde')? What types of course are there and what coursework is involved?

General information about the programme structure at the University of Passau

How do I register for examinations?

When studying the foundation courses, your lecturer will inform you in good time of exam registrations. If you wish to sit an examination in another course, you should make an appointment with the relevant professor to discuss the matter. Please note that you would usually contact the office staff to make an appointment rather than contacting the professor directly.