For the 62nd round this year, the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court competition comes with a new International Law challenge. As usual, the Jessup will challenge students with fascinating, current and international legal questions.
The Jessup 2021 will focus on a global pandemic, and the obligations and responses of States with respect to its outbreak. It will also involve questions of the jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice, a desperate claim for political asylum by an alleged rogue scientist, and State responsibility for a suspicious aircraft explosion.
For general information about the Jessup Moot Court Competition, please browse through the International Law Students Association’s website.
If you are studying law or governance and if you are interested in public international law, we strongly encourage you to apply for the Jessup 2020/2021. With a new team we aim to continue the excellent performances of our previous teams.
If you are interested to learn more about the Jessup Competition, join us on 15th July 2020 at 4 pm s.t. (sharp) on Zoom. There you will also meet Coaches, Supporters and Alumni of the University of Passau’s teams who will happily share their knowledge and experience with you.
If you want to apply for the Jessup Team, please send
- a letter of motivation in English,
- your current CV in English,
- your current academic transcript,
- your current confirmation of enrolment, and
- any other document which you consider to be supportive as application
as one pdf by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 20 August 2020, 8 p.m. (CEST) [6 p.m. UTC].
This is the Jessup schedule for the following weeks:
- Information event: 15 July 2020, 4 pm s.t. (sharp), on Zoom
- Deadline for applications: 20 August 2020
- Invitations for the application interviews and workshop: latest by 23 August 2020
- Application interviews and workshop: 28 and 29 August 2020
Please make sure that you are available on these dates.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)