The Jessup is back! For its 64th round, the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition presents itself once again with exciting, current and international legal questions. The 2023 Jeesup problem will address the interpretation of a peace treaty, deadly attacks in allegedly occupied territory, unilateral economic sanctions, and the legal consequences of failing to dispose of hazardous waste properly.
For more general information about the Jessup Moot Court, please visit the page of the International Law Students Association (ILSA).
If you are studying law or governance and if you are interested in public international law, we strongly encourage you to apply for the Jessup 2022/2023. With a new team we aim to continue the excellent performances of our previous teams.
If you want to learn more about the Jessup Competition and are currently based in Passau, join our information event on 14th June 2022 at 6:00 pm (sharp) in JUR 328. There you will also meet Coaches and Supporters of the Passau Jessup teams who will happily share their knowledge and experience with you.
If you want to apply to be part of the next Jessup team, please send
- a letter of motivation in English,
- your current CV in English,
- your current academic transcript,
- your current confirmation of enrolment, and
- any other document which you consider to be supportive for your application
as one pdf by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 03rd July 2022.
This is the Jessup schedule for the following weeks:
- Information event: 14th June 2022, 6:00 pm (sharp), in JUR 328
- Deadline for applications: 03rd July 2022
- Invitations for the application interviews and workshop: latest by 15-17th July
- Application interviews and workshop: 22nd and 23rd July 2022-05-30
Please make sure to be available on these dates.
You can also find all relevant information here as one pdf-file (German).